Monday, April 26, 2010

Brush with Celebrity...

Recognize this face? 


No, probably not. But if you were a tween, particularly a girl between the ages of 10 and 14, you probably would. It's the latest music heart throb Justin Bieber. Why do I mention this twerp, who maybe weighs 85 pounds when he's wet and yet is filling the airwaves with top 40 trash about love that he's surely not ever come close to experiencing? Well simply because this little guy is staying in my hotel today, literally two rooms down the hallway from me. There were hoards of teen girls outside the hotel all day -- it was like Beatle-mania. He's in town on tour I guess and was giving a free concert down by the Opera House on "Sunshine" which is the Aussie equivalent of "The Today Show."

Since I'm not a 14-year-old girl I didn't think much of it. Still, coming home this afternoon I too was a tiny bit star struck when I saw this kid come out of his room (just two doors down from me) wearing nothing but a sheet wrapped around his torso, go to the next room over (presumably mom's room?) and ask her something about laundry. Had it not been for all the body guards surrounding the child I probably never would have realized it was him.

If I only I had my camera... I'm sure a photo of him in a sheet would have been worth something!

No comments:

Post a Comment